Newsletter

Logo
CIEA Environmental Chronicle
Tribal Consultation Opportunity
Monthly Newsletter- September 2019
1. Tribal Consultation Opportunity- Please complete the Regional Forest and Fire Capacity Program Assessment- Deadline October 8, 2019
Image
As many of you know, the North Coast Resource Partnership (NCRP) was awarded $4.25 million in Regional Forest and Fire Capacity Program funding from The California Natural Resources Agency and Department of Conservation for planning and the identification and implementation of local and regional projects to improve forest health and increase fire resiliency.

The Resources Agency also retained the Watershed Research and Training Center (WRTC) and the California Fire Safe Council (CAFSC) to provide statewide technical assistance, education and capacity building. The WRTC and CAFSC have developed an online capacity assessment, the results of which will complement and support the NCRP’s planning and project implementation work under this program.

The Watershed Research and Training Center, Oregon State University, and the California Fire Safe Council kindly request your participation in an online needs assessment. We are seeking to understand the current capacity, needs, and future interests of organizations, collaboratives, or tribes that participate (or would like to participate) in forest and/or fire-related vegetation management in any part of California. This will help guide the implementation of the California Natural Resources Agency/ California Department of Conservation’s Regional Forest and Fire Capacity (RFFC) Program. Your responses will help us understand what capacities you need and want, and may lead to you receiving future capacity support from a regional or statewide RFFC block grant recipient, or another entity.

We ask that you please fill out the online assessment, which you can find at the read more button below where you will be redirected to the survey itself.

Please note that the due date for the assessment is October 8.

We understand that you may have already received this message through multiple sources. If you have questions about how this assessment will support NCRP programs, please contact Cybelle Immitt, NCRP Regional Forest and Fire Capacity Program, Project Manager. 707-267-9542. [log in to unmask]
Thank you!
READ MORE
"“My homeland. It is proper for me to want to protect it.” -Debra Haaland (Laguna Pueblo)

If you would like us to share any events or news related to our mission, please do not hesitate to send the information to [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP list, click the following link:
http://list.ciea-health.org/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?SUBED1=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP&A=1