View in Browser:
http://list.ciea-health.org/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?A2=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP;f414a3e1.2004p

######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### #########

CIEA Environmental Chronicle - Vol. 1, Issue 7, May 2020

Monthly news of environmental issues affecting Indigenous Peoples

######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### #########

1. Opening Remarks- Socially Distant

The CIEA staff would like to send our readers strength, resiliency, prayers, and good health particularly during COVID-19.

The CIEA office is physically closed until May 31st as part of the ‘shelter in place’ directive but we are working remotely, which means we are checking emails and will be checking our phone messages and returning calls.

We do want to take the time to continue to love, protect, cherish, and care for one another, especially our elders and folxs who are immunocompromised.

Again, we are so happy to be able to provide you with monthly announcements about training, capacity building, Tribal Self-Advocacy and funding opportunities, as well as water related news. Readers are more than welcome to send information about upcoming events, training, or news that you think would be beneficial for other Tribal members in other regions to know to our Communications and Public Relations Coordinator, Joel Sedano at [log in to unmask]

2. Workshops- Free Online Drinking Water Workshops- RCAC

The Rural Community Assistance Corporation would like to announce a free ONLINE drinking waters workshop from April to May. Workshops topics vary from Wells and Hydrology to Water Quality Sampling to Improving Drinking Water Resilience through Hazard Mitigation Planning Symposium. For more information on the workshops or registration, please hit the read more button below to be redirected to a virtual form of the listed workshops where register here links and RCAC contact info is available.

READ MORE:
http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/588599/7a7d137f0f/287229219/b6faa22e59/

3. Training Opportunity- Online Training Resources

CIEA would like to provide information to ONLINE workshop resources. For more information on Quickbooks workshops or registration, please hit the read more button below to be redirected to the Quickbooks website or please utilise the links below for more sites that provide online resources.

https://sanfrancisco.newhorizons.com/training-and-certifications/course-outline/id/1035991092/c/get-going-with-quickbooks

https://central.xero.com/s/

4. Tribal Community Member COVID-19 Needs Assessment Survey (Sonoma, Mendocino and Lake County)

Tribal Community (Sonoma, Mendocino and Lake County) | Needs Assessment

The California Indian Museum and Cultural Center (CIMCC) would like to support our local tribal community members' needs while we face the COVID-19 pandemic. We recognize that these are difficult times and there are various diverse needs within our community. Please share with us what needs you and your family has so that we can work towards gathering resources to meet those needs.

Even though our physical location is currently closed due to the shelter in place order our county issued, our staff is working remotely to continue to deliver programs. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns regarding resources. At the moment we only have information regarding resource providing agencies to share with community members.

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey. The information you provide is confidential and will assist us in connecting you to aid. For questions please contact Christina T. Inong at: [log in to unmask]

READ MORE:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2DD8PC9?fbclid=IwAR2iXYz9QG5Bb1_y5rvOgOmzD42s_R8T3VmX89BlVISQNVeHyRZtF3pGjLI

5. Grant Opportunity- CalEPA Extended Deadline & Electronic Submission Now Available for 2020 Environmental Justice Grants: Deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CalEPA has extended the application deadline for the 2020 EJ Small Grants to Friday, May 1, 2020. Please visit our website for more information and updates.

Also to support the Governor’s orders on social distancing, CalEPA will now also be accepting electronic submission of applications. Electronic submitted applications must be sent to the CalEPA EJ Program mailbox and must comply with other electronic formatting details. For more the EJ Program mailbox and project examples updates information, please visit our website at https://calepa.ca.gov/EnvJustice/Funding/

At least $1 million will be available during this funding cycle to eligible community-based nonprofit groups and federally recognized tribal governments, to support environmental justice-related projects across California. The maximum grant amount is $50,000 and the grant term is 12 months.

Questions: Malinda Dumisani, EJ Small Grants Program Manager, [log in to unmask] Please do no email applications to the Program Manager, they will not be accepted at this email address. For the email box to send electronic submitted of applications, please visit our website. Thanks.

Funds for this program are provided by the boards, departments and office within CalEPA. The CalEPA EJ Small Grants Program was established by Assembly Bill 2312 (Chu, Chapter 994, Statutes of 2002) to provide grants to eligible nonprofit organizations and federally recognized tribal governments. Since its inception, the program has awarded 180 grants totaling $5.3 million.

6. Grant opportunity- Seventh Generation Fund- Flicker Fund

The Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples is dedicated to promoting and maintaining the uniqueness of Native peoples and the sovereignty of tribal Nations.

Their COVID-19 Response Flicker Fund is designed to respond to Indigenous Communities in Times of Crisis.

Rapid Response to Indigenous Communities in Times of Crisis - $5,000 in grant support to Indigenous community generated and led initiatives, supporting:

Basic and urgent health and wellness needs of the most vulnerable with a focus on elders and multi-generational households and families with children under the age of 5 years old

Traditional healing practices and remedies, food systems, and immune support

Historic and cultural teachings, stories, and lifeways that advance traditional
knowledge systems that inform community members on health, healing, and moving
forward

To apply or find more information, please hit the read more button below to be redirected to the Seventh Generation Fund website where the Flicker Grant info is housed.

READ MORE:
http://www.7genfund.org/flicker-fund

7. Grant Opportunity- Peace First COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants

Dear Peace First community,

As you know, the WHO has declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic, and has recommended communities take social distancing measures to prevent the spread of the virus. Globally, COVID-19 is more than a public health challenge — it has laid bare the consequences of persistent systemic inequality for all to see, and is threatening our social fabric, mental health, trust in institutions, and the economic security of billions of people.

This is a critical time for all of us to support each other. In this moment of obligation, we have a responsibility to act with care and caution, both towards ourselves and each other. And as a global community, we know that this is a key moment to take action.

That’s why Peace First is launching a rapid response grant process to help young people around the world lead projects that address community impacts of COVID-19, from providing meals to elderly neighbors to launching digital mental health campaigns to support youth feeling isolated. Rapid response grants are open to young people between the ages of 13-25, anywhere in the world, starting today. Learn more and apply here: https://forms.gle/JjxcPdUHMTpCcttR7

Find out how to get involved, and join in by sharing our campaign on social media and within your community using our sample social media posts in our call to action and social media toolkit: https://bit.ly/3977Pf2

Here’s what Peace First is doing to respond to the changing needs of our communities due to response to COVID-19:

We’re convening a global group of youth leaders to design a meaningful, youth-centered campaign in response to COVID-19.
We’re offering mini-grants of up to $250, mentorship, and project support to young people leading initiatives to address secondary effects of COVID-19 in their communities.
Next week, we’re kicking off a series of video calls and webinars to help young people who are feeling isolated connect with youth leaders around the world, share best practices in digital organizing, and co-create projects to respond to COVID-19. Want to get involved? Sign up here to receive updates on call dates and additional opportunities: https://forms.gle/VPFuYC7cWU7hcudU9
Our team is creating a resource list for young people seeking project-planning support, public health information, tips on building community digitally, and ideas to care for mental health while practicing social distancing.
We’re reaching out to parents and educators around the world to provide our digital curriculum to students experiencing disruption in their education.
We’re offering optional extensions of up to 1 month for youth leaders who need to put their projects on hold due to social distancing guidelines. If the crisis continues or worsens, we will offer additional extensions as needed. Our team is in contact with project leaders and working with them closely.
In order to put rapid response funding resources into the hands of young people globally, we need financial support to do so. If you are able, please make a gift at www.peacefirst.org/donate. Please share this information on your social media and to others who can support this important work.

We know that this is a challenging time for many members of our global community, especially young people. Here at Peace First, we are thankful for each of you — for the work that you do to make our communities safer and kinder, for coming together in times of crisis, and for speaking out when you see injustice. If you want to help, and you’re ready to take action, our team is here to support you.

Best,
Peace First Team

P.S. The form for the grant can be found in the read more button below.

READ MORE:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNF4BiLNELUko02kURAjkYGFjNbQnqfggRhUje4T3vRzTipA/viewform

8. Funding Opportunity- Emergent Fund

We’ll be using Emergent Fund’s already well-honed rapid response funding infrastructure to support the work of current and prospective grantees as they meet the needs of their communities to address the myriad of needs related to COVID-19. Over the coming weeks, we’ll be gathering resources and quickly moving money to organizations, collectives, and mutual aid projects across the country – the ones that need bailing out the most. We are focusing our grantmaking on organizations that (1) are mobilizing to respond to the impact of COVID-19 on vulnerable communities; (2) are utilizing power-building strategies including but not limited to digital organizing, membership development and outreach, narrative development, direct action; and (3) are led by communities of color. Check back here in the coming months to see revisions and updates to our processes as the pandemic evolves.

Emergent Fund continues to prioritize grassroots organizing and power building in Indigenous communities and communities of color who are facing injustice based on racial, ethnic, religious, and other forms of discrimination.

Our priority is funding the movement-building that will ensure we come out on the other side of this crisis closer to justice — we will not go back. We’re seeing people freed from jail and detention, and we’re expanding conversations about healing and disability justice; affordable childcare; universal sick leave; healthcare for all; living wages for childcare workers; eviction, utility and foreclosure moratoriums; universal emergency shelter; increased resources to Indian Health Services; extensions and expansion of census data collection; and voter protections.

Our focus is funding grantees whose organizing will hold and expand these wins for the long term and lead us toward a powerful vision of what comes next.

If you are applying for COVID-19 specific funding, please indicate that in your proposal. Aside from this addition, our rapid-response application process remains the same.

For more about our criteria and instructions on how to apply, please click the read more button below to be redirected to the Emergent Fund website.

READ MORE:
https://www.emergentfund.net/apply

9. Funding Opportunity- CARES Act Federal Funds for Nonprofits

The recent CARES Act stimulus program has made nearly $400 billion in forgivable loans available to small non-profits to help fund payroll and select other expenses for two months. This is referred to as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

Relief funding options include:

Paycheck Protection Program: A forgiveable loan program for small businesses with less than 500 employees, private nonprofit organizations, and 501(c)(19) veterans organizations affected by COVID-19. SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for 8 weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities.

Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance: A loan advance of up to $10,000 that will not need to be repaid. This advance will provide economic relief to small businesses, private nonprofit organizations, and 501(c)(19) veterans organizations that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue

For more information on the CARES Act, please hit the read more button below to be redirected to the Independent Sector website where they have answers to any questions readers' might have.

READ MORE:
https://independentsector.org/resource/caresact/#1586217264883-13882b96-556c

10. Funding Opportunity- The NDN COVID-19 Response Project- NDN Collective

Grants are available to support essential services and relief efforts.
NDN Collective stands in solidarity and in deep relationship with Indigenous communities who are disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic — health crisis and other disaster-related events by providing rapid response funding to established, Indigenous-led, community-based organizations and tribes. The NDN COVID-19 Response Project is designed to provide rapid response resources to Indigenous communities bracing from economic impacts, stresses to public services and combating the spread of misinformation; reaching affected communities through organizations and tribal programs delivering urgent, frontline services including immediate relief, resources and gap services. The Grant Request process is designed for ease of use and rapid response. Basic organization and project information is requested.

GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING ESSENTIAL SERVICES AND RELIEF EFFORTS

- Medical supplies
- Food delivery
- Youth and / or Elder care
- Educational Access
- Shelter and Housing
- Economic Relief
- Social - Emotional Support
- Cultural, Ceremonial, Spirit-Aligned Support
- Information and Communications — Access to accurate information; Radio/T.V., Internet

READ MORE:
https://ndncollective.org/covid-19/

11. Recommended Reading- Executive Order N-54-20: Extension of AB 52 Tribal Consultation Timelines

Greetings Tribal Liaisons:

Yesterday afternoon, in recognition of  the fact that many tribes are currently focused on dealing with the impacts of COVID-19, Governor Newsom issued the attached Executive Order to extend tribal consultation timelines under AB 52.

The Executive Order suspends the timeframes within which a California Native American tribe must request consultation and the lead agency must begin the consultation process for a period of 60 days, effective April 22, 2020, in consideration that tribal capacity to engage in or request consultation may be limited at this time.

In addition, the order will allow certain posting, filing and notice requirements under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) to be satisfied through electronic means to allow public access and involvement consistent with COVID-19 public health concerns.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or concerns. Feel free to forward to relevant parties.

Best,

Christina E. Snider
Tribal Advisor
Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
e: [log in to unmask]
o: 916.319.9219

P.S. CIEA has included a link to Executive Order N-54-20 in the read more button below.

READ MORE:
http://www.ciea-health.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/N-54-20-COVID-19-4.22.20.pdf

12. Recommended Reading- COVID-19 Information for Public Water Systems and Affected Communities

This is a message from the State Water Resources Control Board.

The Division of Drinking Water (DDW) has updated its COVID-19 webpage - COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR PUBLIC WATER SYSTEMS AND AFFECTED COMMUNITIES:

·       New! In PWS Tab - posted the Public Water System COVID-19 Considerations guidance document online linked to a separate webpage and will be maintained at this location.

·       New! In PWS Tab - EPA Resources – Incident Action Checklist – Describes EPA Incident Action Checklist (IAC) for Pandemic Incidents.  Includes link to the EPA IACs, link to the recording of the April 7, 2020 webinar training on the EPA IAC for Pandemic Incidents, and link to EPA Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance and resources.

·       Updated! In PWS Tab - Monitoring and Sampling Section - updated the language.

The webpage is updated frequently and we advise to periodically check back for new information. Please continue to contact the DDW and your District Engineer or Local Primacy Agency with any related questions or concerns.

Thank you

P.S. We have included a link to the website below

READ MORE:
https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/drinking_water/certlic/drinkingwater/covid-19.html

13. Funding Opportunity- Potential funding sources for alternatives to IRWM funding

Tribal Government Challenge Planning Grant Program. This program is designed to help Tribes meet the challenges of adopting energy or climate plans that integrate strategies to enhance their communities and create long-term prosperity. As the administering agency for this grant program, SGC will invest in energy-related Tribal climate planning activities that foster the development of sustainable tribal communities. Sustainable tribal communities shall “promote equity, strengthen the economy, protect the environment, and promote healthy, safe communities”4. Planning activities must be consistent with Tribal values and any applicable Tribal, general, or regional plan. Proposals must outline or lay out plans, processes, or practices that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide benefits that increase Tribes’ adaptabilities to climate change.Specific goals for this program are to:•Support planning activities that promote clean energy access and energy efficiency, with a focus on promoting public health, reducing emissions, and supporting climate adaptation and resiliency in Tribal communities. These planning activities can include increasing access to clean transportation and clean energy options, increasing agricultural energy efficiency, increasing energy affordability, increasing energy efficiency in buildings, and planning for climate impacts and risks to energy systems and community members. •Support the State of California’s climate and energy policies through Tribal planning and analysis. Due 5.22, 5 PM. https://www.energy.ca.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/tgc_Solicitation_Grants_ada.pdf

DOI BOR WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency for FY21 The objective of this FOA is to invite states, Indian tribes, irrigation districts, water districts, and other organizations with water or power delivery authority to leverage their money and resources by cost sharing with Reclamation on projects that seek to conserve and use water more efficiently; increase the production of hydropower; mitigate conflict risk in areas at a high risk of future water conflict; enable farmers to make additional on-farm improvements in the future, including improvements that may be eligible for Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) funding; and accomplish other benefits that contribute to water supply reliability in the western United States.and provide benefits for fish, wildlife, and the environment to mitigate impacts caused by drought. For more information, visit the funding opportunity description. Applications Due September 30. https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=319158

DOI BOR Native American Affairs: Technical Assistance to Tribes for FY21. The objective of this FOA is to invite federally recognized Indian tribes and tribal organizations to submit proposals for financial assistance for projects and activities that develop, manage, and protect tribal water and related resources. Through this FOA, Reclamation provides funding for projects that increase water reliability consistent with sections 3 and 4 of the October 19, 2018, Presidential Memorandum on Promoting the Reliable Supply and Delivery of Water in the West. For more information, visit the funding opportunity description. Due October 28.

WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021. The objective of this FOA is to invite states, Indian tribes, irrigation districts, water districts, and other organizations with water or power delivery authority to leverage their money and resources by cost sharing with Reclamation on projects that seek to conserve and use water more efficiently; increase the production of hydropower; mitigate conflict risk in areas at a high risk of future water conflict; enable farmers to make additional on-farm improvements in the future, including improvements that may be eligible for Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) funding; and accomplish other benefits that contribute to water supply reliability in the western United States. Applications due December 19. https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=319158

No-Cost Technical Assistance Opportunities. The DOE Office of Indian Energy provides federally recognized Indian tribes, including Alaska Native villages, tribal energy resource development organizations, and other organized tribal groups and communities, with technical assistance to advance tribal energy projects at no cost. Technical experts from DOE and its national laboratories, along with other partnering organizations, provide support to assist Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages with energy planning, housing and building energy efficiency, project development, policy and regulation, resilience, and village power. For more information, visit the on-request technical assistance description.

Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants. This program helps eligible communities prepare for, or recover from, an emergency that threatens the availability of safe, reliable drinking water for households and businesses. Areas that may be served include: Rural areas and towns with 10,000 or fewer people--check eligible addresses, Tribal Lands in rural areas. Partnerships with other federal, state, local, private and NGOs are encouraged. Applications for this program are accepted through your local Rural Development Office year-round. http://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/emergency-community-water-assistance-grants

The area to be served must also have a median household income less-than the state's median household income for non-metropolitan areas--contact your local RD office for details. Funds may be used for:

Water transmission line grants up to $150,000 are for construction of waterline extensions, repairs to breaks or leaks in existing water distribution lines, and related maintenance necessary to replenish water supply
Water Source grants up to $500,000 are for construction of a new water source, intake and/or treatment facility

California Water Boards has released a Notice of Funding Availability for Interim Emergency Drinking Water. Public Agencies, Not-for-Profit Water Districts, Not-for-Profit Organizations, and Tribal Governments can apply for interim replacement drinking water for economically disadvantaged communities with contaminated water supplies. http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/grants_loans/caa/dw_droughtfund/index.shtml

The USDA provides loans and grants to develop water and waste disposal systems in rural areas and towns with a population not in excess of 10,000. The funds are available to public bodies, non-profit corporations and Indian tribes. Applications are accepted at any time through the Rural Development State and Area Offices. http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/UWP-dispdirectloansgrants.htm. To locate an office near you go to http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/recd_map.html

NREL Decision Support for Tribes. NREL's State, Local, and Tribal program partners with Native American tribes and Alaska Native villages, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and other federal agencies, nonprofits, and intertribal organizations to provide resources and direct assistance that support energy technology delivery and connect motivated tribal governments with NREL's world-class science and analytics. Energy Decision Support: To connect tribes with credible, timely, and actionable scientific information on which to base their energy decisions, NREL provides the following tailored programs:

Technology and market analytics
Direct technical assistance
Capacity building
Resilience assessment and planning

For more information, visit the technical assistance description.

Tribal Online Training Opportunities

The following self-paced, online courses are currently available through Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals:

Residential Building Science Review
Building Performance: Improving IAQ in Cold Climates
Quality Assurance Fundamentals / QAPP Series
Radon Fundamentals
Emissions Inventory Fundamentals / Advanced
Tribal Data Toolbox Version 3.1
Partnerships and Community Outreach
Tribal Strategic Planning: Ensuring Successful Development of Your ETEP
These online courses contain assignments, quizzes, videos, examples, downloadable spreadsheets, and other resources. While they are self-paced, each course provides the opportunity for individual interaction with subject matter experts.

See www.nau.edu/itep/elearning for details or email [log in to unmask] with questions.

Thanks,
Katherine

14. Announcement- Proposition 1 IRWM Implementation Grant Program, Round 1 Final Awards- North Coast

The Department of Water Resources (DWR) is pleased to announce Final Awards for two Funding Areas for the Proposition 1 Round 1 Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) Implementation Grant Solicitation. The Final Awards will provide $25.4 million to 6 IRWM regions in the North Coast and Tulare-Kern Funding Areas, of which almost $16 million will go towards projects that provide direct benefits to disadvantaged and underrepresented communities, including Tribes, in these regions.

Awardees will receive Award Notification Letters describing next steps in the process to develop and execute grant agreements and requirements that must be addressed to maintain eligibility to receive grant funds.

These are the first of a series of funding awards that will be released in coming months, also shared via News Release.  Awards for the remaining Funding Areas will be announced as they become available.

For more information on the IRWM Grant Program, visit the IRWM Grant Program website.

If you have any questions, please contact us at [log in to unmask]

P.S. We have posted the Final Awards List – Round 1 Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) Implementation Grant Solicitation for the North Coast Funding Area in the read more button below.

READ MORE:
https://water.ca.gov/-/media/DWR-Website/Web-Pages/Work-With-Us/Grants-And-Loans/IRWM-Grants/Files/Prop-1-Implementation/Final-Awards-List-North-Coast_ay20.pdf?la=en&hash=4A67F735D4339B5B1035A514A9DD07AF047807BE

15. Hiring- The North Coast Resource Partnership is looking to fill 7 to 9 positions for the new Regional Forest and Fire Capacity Building Program, Applications are due May 18, 2020 at 5PM

Respectful greetings,

To begin California Indian Environmental Alliance (CIEA) would like to wish you all good health and continued safety during this difficult time.  We recognize the challenges that we are all operating under and want you to know that we are doing all that we can to continue to support California Tribes and to find new ways to do this effectively.

The Tribal engagement team of the North Coast Resource Partnership (NCRP) is seeking to fill the following paid positions of the new Regional Forest and Fire Capacity Building Program (RFFC):

Tribal Forest and Fire Consultants: One (1) to three (3) positions to join our coordination team to integrate Tribal perspectives into the RFFC program.  Consultants may be full or part-time positions depending on the expertise of the team.  Our tasks are to collectively complete a North Coast Regional Forest and Fire Plan, to provide technical support, convene Tribal Forest Advisors and North Coast Tribes strategy meetings, include recommendations to address barriers to Tribal stewardship, application of Traditional Ecological Knowledge (TEK),  and cultural considerations for future activities in the region.

Tribal Forest and Fire Advisors: Six (6) advisory part-time positions to guide the RFFC Program, provide content to the North Coast Regional Forest and Fire Plan, and to support the allocation of technical support for forest and fire related project development in the North Coast.  This individuals will be paid by stipend, the position is more focused, and will require a limited number of hours.

Applications are due by end day Monday May 18, 2020.

For more information about each position and for instructions to apply please see attached.   Note that applicants may apply for both positions.

Because these positions are Tribally-focused, applicants must have prior experience working with California Tribes, and have a deep understanding of Tribal practices.

We will be contacting North Coast Tribes in the coming weeks to confirm that this solicitation reaches those most eligible for these positions.  Tribal recommendations, and submissions of previous or existing staff, or of Tribal members is encouraged. References will be an important part of submissions for these positions.  Please forward this email and attachments widely to eligible applicants!

1. Who should apply: North Coast California Tribal Environmental staff, Tribal leadership, Tribal and cultural preservation staff -including Tribal Historic Preservation Officers, and Tribal community members with experience in use of fire for restoring and protecting fire resilient landscapes and cultural resources.  This includes a wide range of experienced individuals including for example those with practical experience in applying TEK, forest management and those in coordinating fire crews and post fire remediation.  A full list of experience that we are seeking is in the attached position descriptions.  Applicants need not be qualified in all areas since we are putting together a team reflective of North Coast Tribal experts to rebalance forest health and fire resiliency.  These positions may be ideal for individuals seeking part-time work to augment their existing positions.

A webinar about the NCRP and the RFFC Program will be held before the application due date.  Date and meeting information TBA.

 To submit an application please email [log in to unmask] by May 18, 2020.

 For more information please contact Sherri Norris [log in to unmask] or Marcus Sorondo [log in to unmask], (510) 334-4408.

Warm regards,

 Sherri Norris
Executive Director
California Indian Environmental Alliance (CIEA)
Tribal engagement Coordinator for the NCRP

"The voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers." -Zitkála-Šá (Yankton Dakota Sioux)

Unsubscribe:
http://LIST.CIEA-HEALTH.ORG/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?SUBED1=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP&A=1

P.O. Box 2128
Berkeley, CA 94702

510-848-2043
http://www.ciea-health.org/

If you would like us to share any events or news related to our mission, please do not hesitate to send the information to [log in to unmask]