Newsletter

Logo
CIEA Environmental Chronicle
Monthly news of environmental issues affecting Indigenous Peoples
Image
1. Announcement: Tribal Regional Water Management Webinar Series- May 19, 26, and June 2
Good afternoon,

With the current situation regarding COVID-19, we have modified the previously planned Tribal Regional Water Management Roundtable into the Tribal Regional Water Management Webinar Series. This will take place in three parts, occurring on May 19th, May 26th, and June 2nd from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.

This webinar series will share information on Tribal engagement occurring throughout the state and allow opportunity to discuss challenges and opportunities.

Thank you for your patience as we have adjusted to the changing circumstances. Feel free to get in touch with any questions or concerns.
his three-part series will discuss Integrated Regional Water Management funding and technical assistance opportunities for Tribes; improving and strengthening regional water funding coordination; identifying regional needs and reviewing needs assessment; and effective Tribal guidance of Integrated Regional Water Management.

Each date has a separate registration link as indicated below by date and session.

Please share with IRWM contacts and California Tribes in your funding areas and feel free to reach out with any questions. We look forward to your participation.

2. May 19, 2020 Session 1 Information
May 19, 2020

SESSION 1 - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/578622798757918223

Objective: Create a common understanding of Integrated Regional Water Management by hearing about how Tribes have engaged with IRWM throughout California.

A link to the flyer can be found in the read more button below.
READ MORE
3. May 26, 2020 Session 2 Information
May 26, 2020

SESSION 2 - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5451568173109801741

Objective: Further discuss successes and challenges Tribes have experienced in IRWM and consider methods to improve opportunities for Tribes.

A link to the flyer can be found in the read more button below.
READ MORE
4. June 2, 2020 Session 3 Information
June 2, 2020

SESSION 3 - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6460970424943054605

Objective: Look beyond the scope of IRWM to consider the future of regional water management and how this intersects with other sectors and programs.

A link to the flyer can be found in the read more button below.
READ MORE
"Among our Potawatomi people, women are the Keepers of Water. We carry the sacred water to ceremonies and act on its behalf. “Women have a natural bond with water, because we are both life bearers,” my sister said. “We carry our babies in internal ponds and they come forth into the world on a wave of water. It is our responsibility to safeguard the water for all our relations.” -Robin Wall Kimmerer (Potawatomi)

If you would like us to share any events or news related to our mission, please do not hesitate to send the information to [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP list, click the following link:
http://list.ciea-health.org/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?SUBED1=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP&A=1