Newsletter

Logo
CIEA Environmental Chronicle
Monthly news of environmental issues affecting Indigenous Peoples
Time-Sensitive Announcement
1. Webinar Announcement- Consumption by Tribes of Plants and Animals Not Accounted for in EPA Superfund Risk Assessment Methodology: June 3, 2020, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM EDT.
Image
This webinar will describe the process and results from a research project concerning two issues that arise when assessing risks from contamination at Superfund sites. The first area of focus analyzed information from Superfund risk assessments and other publicly available studies on fruit and vegetable consumption by Native Americans that are outside of the twenty-four produce categories EPA includes in risk assessment models used to develop cleanup levels for residential gardens and farms at radioactively contaminated Superfund sites. The second area of focus of the project analyzed the sources for information on animal consumption by Native Americans that is outside of the twelve farm animal categories in EPA's risk assessment models. Please hit the read more button below to be redirected to the registration website to register for the upcoming webinar.
READ MORE
“We’re fighting for soil, land, food, trees, water, birds. We’re fighting for life.” -José Gregorio Diáz Mirabel (Wakuenai Kurripaco)

If you would like us to share any events or news related to our mission, please do not hesitate to send the information to [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP list, click the following link:
http://list.ciea-health.org/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?SUBED1=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP&A=1