Newsletter

Logo
CIEA Environmental Chronicle
Monthly news of environmental issues affecting Indigenous Peoples
Vol. 2, Issue 15 November 2020
1. Opening Remarks- Election Anxiety
Image
The CIEA staff would like to send our readers strength, resiliency, prayers, and good health particularly during COVID-19, the California fires, during occupation/desecration of their sacred homelands, and during this stressful election.

The CIEA staff would like to wish our subscribers, our team, and folxs we work closely with a Happy Native American Heritage Month and to remind folxs that you are till valid and way more than "something else."

Quick reminder that the CIEA office is physically closed until November 30th due to the 'shelter in place' directive. The purpose is so we can evaluate if there’s any increased cases in the counties where CIEA staff live and work. Of course if the situation changes we will have to adjust our plan. We will continue to work remotely and are available via email and through our phone, where messages are checked daily.

We do want to take the time to continue to love, protect, cherish, and care for one another, especially our elders, folxs who are immunocompromised, as well as our essential workers including medical staff, grocery store workers, cultural and site protectors, language reawakeners, etc.

We also advise that folxs to stay safe, be prepared, and that we are here for you all.

Again, we are so happy to be able to provide you with monthly announcements about training, capacity building, Tribal Self-Advocacy and funding opportunities, as well as water related news. Readers are more than welcome to send information about upcoming events, training, or news that you think would be beneficial for other Tribal members in other regions to know to our Communications and Public Relations Coordinator, Joel Sedano at [log in to unmask]
2. Conference- 2020 National Tribal GIS Conference Adapting to Change While Mapping Our Future Tribal GIS from November 16-20
Image
2020 National Tribal GIS Conference Adapting to Change While Mapping Our Future Tribal GIS is pleased to announce its 11th year of fostering education and professional connections at its annual conference. November 16-20, 2020. Flyer attached for details.

Join a prestigious group of industry leaders and Tribal GIS Professionals who provide valuable information about real world applications of geospatial technologies.

Visit www.tribalgis.com for up-to-date information or register online at the following link. https://ntgisc.regfox.com/2020tribalgisconference
3. Webinar Opportunity- AWIA and Creating Resilient Water Utilities- November 17th from 2-3PM EST (11AM-12PM PST)
Image
Registration is now open for EPA’s Small Drinking Water Systems Webinar on AWIA and Creating Resilient Water Utilities. This webinar will be held on Tuesday, November 17th from 2:00-3:00pm ET, with an optional Q&A session from 3:00-3:30pm ET.

To register, please click the read more button below. After registering for the webinar, you should receive an automatic reply with a link to test your computer’s compatibility with the webinar software. Please note that for this webinar, attendees can only listen with computer audio and will not be able to call into the webinar using a phone line. This change has been made to allow more people to attend the webinar.

A webinar will be given each month to discuss challenges and treatment solutions for small drinking water and wastewater systems.
READ MORE
"Mother Nature—militarized, fenced-in, poisoned—demands that we take action." -Berta Cáceres (Lenca)

If you would like us to share any events or news related to our mission, please do not hesitate to send the information to [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP list, click the following link:
http://list.ciea-health.org/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?SUBED1=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP&A=1