Logo
CIEA Environmental Chronicle
Monthly news of environmental issues affecting Indigenous Peoples
1. Webinar Series: Exploring Scaled Management for the California Halibut Fishery
Image
Dear Honorable Tribal Representative,

The three-part webinar series “Exploring Scaled Management for the California Halibut Fishery” will begin this week with the first webinar focused on the California halibut recreational fishery. If you are involved or interested in the recreational fishery, we encourage you to join this webinar. RSVPs are requested (but not required) by emailing [log in to unmask] The webinar will be convened using Zoom and the agenda is now available (please hit the read more button below to see the agenda). To help prepare for the discussion, please feel free to review the small groups (Zoom breakout room) options and discussion questions that are in the agenda.

Exploring Scaled Management for the California Halibut Fishery
Three-Part Public Webinar Series
Focused Discussion for the Recreational Sector | Thursday, August 12, 2021 | 4:00pm- 6:00pm PT

Join Zoom Meeting
(Optional) Phone 1-669-900-6833 | Webinar ID 251 221 9359

If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, visit the Zoom Help Center for support and/or https://zoom.us/support/download to download Zoom.

Website with Informational Resources
In preparation for the webinar series, CDFW has now uploaded several informational resources on the California Halibut Scaled Management Process, including The California Halibut Scaled Management Process Informational Flyer and Scaled Management Guided by the Marine Life Management Act documents.

Please share this information with your peers and constituents via your organization/affiliation’s newsletters, blogs, social media, and other communication outlets. You may contact me at [log in to unmask] with any questions or concerns about this outreach or the scaled management process for California halibut.

CDFW welcomes direct communication and consultation with Tribes to discuss California Halibut management and identify any project impacts to Tribal interests or cultural resources. Please respond to this email if you do not wish to receive updates and invitations related to the California Halibut scaled management process. We will remove you from the distribution list.

Thank you,
Kirsten L. Ramey
Environmental Program Manager, Marine Region
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
State Managed Finfish Program
619 Second Street, Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: 707-445-5365
Fax: 707-445-7883

READ MORE
“[I fight] so that future generations will have the resources and assets they need to survive on a planet that’s being destroyed every day.” -Miriam Miranda

If you would like us to share any events or news related to our mission, please do not hesitate to send the information to [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP list, click the following link:
http://list.ciea-health.org/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?SUBED1=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP&A=1