Newsletter

Logo
CIEA Environmental Chronicle
Monthly news of environmental issues affecting Indigenous Peoples
1. Meeting- Tribal BU Strategic Planning Caucus Meeting: Dec. 16, 2021 at 10am - Please RSVP
Image
You are invited to a Tribal Beneficial Use Strategic Planning Caucus Meeting
on December 16, 2021 from 10am to 12:30pm.

At this meeting we will be discussing the status regional Basin Plans,
designations of waterbodies for new Tribal Beneficial Uses by region and
draft language for submissions. We will also discuss evidence gathering
strategies. A summary of each region’s status is being updated regularly
and can be accessed: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DMXs-wxTmvfvA9r9CejFVm005NJATPf0/ed
it#gid=800572292

This is also in the TBU Strategic
Planning Caucus drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1UWmvEAgmdlFKDxCSbqO6hhzld6K-qpso

We will send out an agenda and any meeting
materials prior to this meeting.

[Please RSVP here]
https://forms.gle/e1WU4TrespzavT977

Below is a regional status spreadsheet below general information. This was
prepared by the Regional Boards.

A couple of quick highlights from regions that are moving forward most
quickly:

Central Valley Region 5 Update: The CV Regional Board removed their Nov.
30 deadline for water body designation requests, and the January deadline
for documentation. They are planning a meeting in February to meet with
Tribes. We do want to know when this would need to be received by the Board to be considered in this Basin Plan Amendment. Their next Board Meeting is February 17-18, 2022. A draft letter is being developed by Tribes of the Region to use for submission of water bodies for TBU designation and it can
be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kCgMahUMbLXvozE0_mYaE1ZH-3oDyXTn9IeIAKn
N5RE/edit?usp=sharing

We will be discussing this letter on December 16, 2021.

San Diego Region 9 Update: Information on the last Regional Board meeting
was held on Dec. 8, 2021. Information can be found at:

https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/sandiego/ by clicking on the “regional board”
icon/tab at top. This process is ongoing.

Since regional boards are viewing each other’s policies when setting their
own procedures and policies, it is worthwhile for us to review what each of
us are recommending to be sure good language finds its way into all regional Basin Plans.

We hope that you can join us next week!

Respectfully,
Sherri Norris
Executive Director
California Indian Environmental Alliance (CIEA)
Mailing address: PO Box 2128, Berkeley, CA 94702
Physical address: 6323 Fairmount Avenue, Suite #B, El Cerrito, CA 94530
Office: (510) 848-2043 Cell: (510) 334-4408
www.cieaweb.org
Want to be featured in our newsletter? Send us some art, quotes, phrases in your language related to environmental issues to our Communications and PR Coordinator at [log in to unmask]

If you would like us to share any events or news related to our mission, please do not hesitate to send the information to [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP list, click the following link:
http://list.ciea-health.org/scripts/wa-CIEAH.exe?SUBED1=CIEA_LIST_TRIBAL_NCRP&A=1